Sirius’ Community Affairs, Safety, Health and Environment & Security Policy (CASHES) shall:
• Be designed to protect the welfare and well being of all employees, the environment and the host community.
• Establish small-scale farming for both cash crops and animal husbandry in host community.
• Carry out affirmative action by operating a recruitment policy biased in favour of indigenes of our host communities.
• Ensure economic empowerment of our host communities through skills acquisition programs and scholarship programs for their children.
• Afford our host communities the best protection from physical hazards that may not necessarily result in immediate injury (e.g. noise, vibrations, temperature stress etc).
• Give preference to utilization of materials and services available in our host communities.
• Ensure our areas of operation are free from environmental hazards by close monitoring of effluent water prior to discharge.
• Hold regular meetings with our host communities.